Monday, October 15, 2012

Assignment: 20% project 10/14/12

I was initially turned on to education through my work in elementary aged summer camps for low-income youth and coaching high school football within similar communities. I am blessed with the innate ability to connect to youth through hard work and dedication through challenging group activities, such as pushing athletes or students to reach their potential, or at least to progress. Many of my student athletes play video games, a very popular medium at this age. I have always wanted to use the game John Madden Football to design an offensive playbook that I could save and distribute to my team. They would have the ability to take our team's personal playbook and learn it in depth by playing the game on their personal consoles at home. It would be a much more engaging, interactive, and green than traditionally printing out 50-70 bound copies of a playbook, which can be lost, stolen, boring, fall into the oppositions hands, etc. 

If that doesn't sound like a reasonable objective, I've always wanted to learn the Michael Jackson "Thriller" dance.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great idea. This way the football players are learning but having fun in the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been thinking that they might tie in a live game with the John Madden version for a fee similar to (or cheaper than) NFL Review. Well, unless you have the ability to hook into the game, I suppose the thriller would be best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The playbook sounds like a huge undertaking, but would be soooo worth it in the end. Your players would love it! (Though watching you do Thriller would be awesome too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Thriller idea!! Maybe you could teach your student athletes? :)

    ReplyDelete