Monday, October 15, 2012

Assignment:  Google Yourself 10/6/12

After Googling myself, my results brandished a mixed bag of results. I went as far as 20 google pages and did not find myself. However, I did find that I, well...Darrell Turner is a Ph.D, in a band, a business owner in Michigan, a Pastor, and scariest- a high school football player (who wore the same number as I did, 32) who was shot and killed in TN. 
I thought I was a resident with visitor-like tendencies, but these results may prove otherwise. While I currently posses a Facebook (had a MySpace), Twitter, Edmodo, Yahoo!, various internet accounts (i.e. Utility bills, banking access, car payment, etc.), I suppose I would backpedal on my prior post and assume that I am more of a visitor than I thought! 
I'm a fairly open book, so I wouldn't be alarmed if certain things came to the forefront through Google, but I was pretty surprised that I did not even make the first 20 google pages! I suppose I feel a little insignificant, and in comparison to other individuals whom share the same name, it looks like I need to pick up my game considerably. I'm not a business owner, nor in a band. I don't wish to be a Pastor or MD, but those are highly touted achievements nonetheless. Eventually, when I finish my education and become a principal, I can proudly proclaim that I am google-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment