Monday, October 15, 2012

Assignment: What are you passionate about 10/7/12

I am incredibly passionate about social justice. I believe that every child deserves the opportunity to have access to the most current information and practices available. I do not believe that education should come with a price, because it is for the betterment of the city, county, state, country, continent, and world to have higher educated residents. 
I believe that the American penal system is the product of a poor education system. I do not believe it is an accident or coincidence that are prisons and jails house drastically more minorities per capita than our society reflects. I believe that fear, racism, prejudice, greed, and I'm sure other entities that I have not discussed or yet to discover are a major factor in this situation. 
I hope to reach low-income, minority youth through education and athletics and show them they are valued and have a solid chance to make what they want out of their lives. I currently coach softball and have previously coached football. I also substitute teach, but eventually want to become a full-time teacher and work my way into an administrative position. 
If I had to narrow down my passion to one specific aspect, and time and money were not an object, I would love to focus on authentic care between teachers and students and see if that bond can create successful education for students of all backgrounds. There is so much untapped/squandered potential in our youth, we must find a way to extract it and let the next generation spread their wings, instead of clipping them to fit in a cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment